We recommend that all applicants to the Visiting International Student Electives program review our cancellation policy.
Weill Cornell Medicine does not wish to discourage participation, our program requires a cancellation policy to allow us to maintain fees as low as possible for those who do participate.
Cancellations must be received in writing- no exceptions.
If you have previously confirmed acceptance of the elective and wish to cancel, you may submit notice of your cancellation by email to Dianne Young at firstname.lastname@example.org . If you do not receive confirmation from her within 2 business days that your cancellation email has been received, you may call her at 646-962-8058 to confirm receipt of your cancellation.
The following describes any fees that may be associated with cancellation:
- If you cancel your elective 30 days or more prior to the elective start date, you will be charged a non-refundable $200 cancellation fee.
- If you cancel your elective less than 30 days of the elective start date, you will be charged a non-refundable $500 cancellation fee.
- If you fail to notify the Office of International Medical Student Education that you will not be participating in the program after the start date of your scheduled elective, no refund will be provided and you forfeit all fees.
- If you leave the program prematurely, no refund will be provided and you forfeit all fees.
- We reserve the right to cancel the enrollment of any student if we deem the student's behavior unacceptable. No refund will be provided and you forfeit all fees.
- If you wish to defer your elective after payment of fees, we will review your situation and determine whether payments can be applied towards participation at a later date (less any penalties as stated above). If we approve this course of action, the Office of Internation Medical Student Education will arrange to credit your account accordingly.
- If you must return home due to illness or other personal reasons after starting the elective, you must consult with the Director of the Office of Internation Medical Student Education to discuss your options. Send an email to Dianne Young to be connected with the director.
If you have any questions regarding the cancellation policy, send an email to Dianne Young with your specific questions.